Updated : 24th June 2012
Potential Recreational Skippers choose from the links on the left!
An EPIRB is a small electronic device that, when activated in a life-threatening situation, transmits your location and identity to satellites orbiting the earth and assists rescue authorities in their search to locate those in distress.
1. What do the letters EPIRB stand for?
2. What’s the difference between Sea and Swell?
3. How many navigational marks do you know?
4. What does “Basic Flotation” mean?
5. When would you use the word Mayday?
6. What is the rule of “Right” mean?